-review- Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor


"A dream dirty and bruised is better than no dream at all."



I've read sad books... Believe me, I have.

Books so sad they would keep me from reading another book for months, the sadness lingering long after I finished the book.

But I've never quite read a book as sad as Days of Blood and Starlight.
This book was so sad I wish they would've invented a new word solely to describe this book.

Oh, there were amazing things as well but the sad predominated throughout the entirety of it.

It was like a living thing that wouldn't go away even now that I've finished it.

And surprisingly I'm okay with it, if only for the fact that I've always liked heartbreak in books just to better enjoy and take in the un-heartbreaking, just as the author would put it.

I started this book expecting one thing but what I got was another thing completely and it blew my mind.

I loved it so so so very much that I suffered even more for it.

All the killing, the hatred, the blood, the hope, the love, the heartbreak, the unknown, the secrets, the vileness, the cruelty, the deaths oh the deaths I cried every single time.

I loved being surprised by the turns and twists in the story. I love Z as always. But most of all I love with everything in my bookish heart... Akiva.
He was the most amazing of characters. I've never admired a fictional character as much as I did him on this book and wow... really, it's just. Wow wow wow.

I can't wait to see how all the craziness will unfurl and how all the hate can somehow become something like non-hate but either way,
My eyes are ready, my heart is ready and I've got fully restocked tear-ducts to shed even more tears in the next book so bring it on!


-Nothing made you feel so useless as another person's grief.-


10/5



Comments